Are you interested in conducting search and rescue missions, protecting government and private property, intercepting illegal immigration activity or drug trafficking? Then this is the job profile you have been looking for, that of a coastie or a coast guard officer.
|Starting date of online registration||18th November, 2018|
|Closing date to fill application||30th November,2018|
|Admit card release date||9th December, 2018|
|Indian coast guard preliminary exam date||17th December 2018 to 17th January, 2019|
There is No Application Fee for any categories.
Prior to filling the application form, candidates should first read the eligibility criterions. If the candidates are fulfilling all the eligibility criterions, only then can they apply for the Indian Coast Guard 2019 because if the candidates are not fulfilling all the eligibility criteria, they will not even be considered for the further recruitment process.
Nationality- Candidates should hold the Citizenship of India.
Age Limit- The candidates coming from the OBC/SC & ST category will be given more age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules.
All the selected candidates will undergo the Medical examination at their nearest Military Hospital, as suggested by Final Selection Board. Candidates should fulfill the medical standards mentioned hereafter
- For Asst Commandant (GD) and Law: 157 cms at the least. Candidates belonging to hilly areas and tribal areas will be given some consideration in accordance with the Central Govt. regulations.
- Asst Commandant Women (GD/Law): height should be 152 cms at the least.
Weight: Equivalent to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
Chest: Well-built, balanced, least possible expansion 5 cms.
Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos are not allowed on any part of the body. However, certain considerations are allowed to candidates belonging to the tribal areas or communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates, permanent body tattoos are only allowed on inner face of forearms that is from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm or back (dorsal) side of the hand. Further details regarding the same are available on the Coast Guard Recruitment website.
- Commandant General Duty (Male)
- Commandant General Duty (SSA, Women)
- Commandant Commercial Pilot License (CPL) (SSA) both Male and Female
- Commandant (Law) both Male and Female.
Before beginning the preparations, candidates should go through the exam patterns. Exam Pattern helps the candidates to know details about the examination like the language of examination, types of questions asked etc. given below are the levels of tests conducted.
Preliminary Test- Preliminary Test will contain the Mental Ability Test or Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The language of the aptitude test will be only English and the questions will be of the objective type.
Final Test- Final Test will contain Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). In these test candidate’s presence of mind, the mental ability will also be examined.
On the day of the preliminary test at the examination venue, candidates need to keep with them the below-mentioned documents. Before the start of the test document verification will be done. Candidates should carry the Original Documents for authentication. Original Documents will be returned after the corroboration.
- 10th and 12th grade certificate & mark sheet
- All Certificates of semesters or years mark sheets of BE/B.Tech/Graduation with CPA/CGPA change for the percentage of marks from the university.
- Anyone unique Identity proof such as Aadhar card, Pan Card. Passport, Voter ID Card etc.
- Two firm copies of the E-Admit Card
- Colored passport size photograph that is not older than 03 months.
Monthly salary: 56,100
Apart from salary other profits will be also given to recruited candidates. Other benefits will include Medical Benefits, Government accommodation, 45 days EL and 08 days CL every year with LTC, Insurance cover of 1 crore at a premium of 10000/- per month as Group insurance as per the rules, Contributory Pension System and Gratuity on retirement, Canteen facilities, Loan facilities, after retirement ECHS medical facilities etc.
Initially, candidates will be carefully chosen on the basis of their application form. Application Shortlisting criteria will be based on an upper percentage of marks in the qualifying examination. The qualifying cut off for a particular branch or center can be enlarged by more than 60% if more applications with higher percentage are received. A candidate whose application is shortlisted is eligible to appear for the preliminary examination.
Those candidates who qualify the PSB shall be called forth for the FSB and the candidate who qualifies the final test will be considered a qualified candidate. The candidates who is called forth for INA Training shall be recruited.
How to Apply
Guide Lines to fill Indian Coast Guard Online Form
- Visit the official portal of Indian Coast Guard
- When the home page is exhibited, search for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Notification 2018.
- Download and go through the rules and regulations given in the Indian Coast Guard Notification for Assistant Commandant Jobs.
- Confirm your eligibility and apply only if you can fulfill all the conditions.
- If willing to apply, open the Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Online Application Form.
- Continue to fill in the details for the Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Online Application Form.
- Upload the required documents by scanning them, as prescribed in the official notification and click on the submit button.
- Pay the desired amount that maybe asked on a later stage.
- Lastly, print the produced acknowledgment and fee payment receipt for advance use.
- Civil Services (Prelims) Exam 2019 – Apply Online
- NDA and NA Exam (I) 2019 – Apply Online
- Haryana TET Online Form 2018 – January 2019