For the recruitment of the teachers, the Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (HPTET 2019) is organized by the Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education. The exam is conducted for recruiting teachers for both private and government schools. Now the tet exam the candidates can be selected for various posting in TGT, JBT, and LT.
- The eligible candidates will be selected based on their performance in the HP TET Entrance exam and it is conducted by Himachal State Government
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks scored in the Entrance exam
- The final selection process will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Personal interview
HP TET Certificate Validity
All the qualified candidates will have five years of validity period for the received HP TET certificated. The date will be from the day of result announcement for all categories.
Number of Attempts Allowed
There are no specified numbers of attempts mentioned for appearing in the HP TET exam. So the candidates and write the exam until they get succeeded.
Who are Eligible for the exam?
The recruitment is conducted for different verities of posts. There are different requirements for the different postings and for the tet eligibility will be like,
- For TGT (Arts) the candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination with at least 45% and should hold a degree in B.A. or B. Com. or Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 50% in the elementary education.
- For TGT (Non-Medical) the candidates are expected to be passed in the 12th exams with at least 50% and hold a degree in B.Sc. of B.Ed. or Bachelor degree with a minimum of 50% in the elementary education.
- For TGT (Medical) the candidates are expected to be passed in the 12th exams with at least 50% and hold a degree in B.Sc. (medical) of B.Ed. or Bachelor degree with a minimum of 50% in elementary education.
- For Shastri, the aspirants must have completed Shastri with at least 50% of marks from the recognized board of university by GP Govt.
- For the post of Language teachers, the candidates must have completed a degree in Hindi or pursuing the final year of diploma course (any 2 years course).
- Junior basic training the candidates are expected to be passed in the 12th exams with at least 50% and hold a degree in the diploma or Bachelor degree with a minimum of 50% in the elementary education.
- For teachers applying for the Punjabi language teacher and Urdu, language teacher must have a degree in Punjabi or pursue in the final year diploma 2 years course.
The TET exam pattern will have 150 questions and carry allocating 1 marks and the candidates can score up to 150 marks. If the candidate secures 60% he or she is eligible for the next level of the selection process. The exam will be conducted for 150 minutes of time duration.
- Section 1 will cover topics like Child Psychology and Development and Pedagogy. A number of the question for all the divisions like TGT (Arts), TGT (NM) and TGT (Medical) will need to answer for 30 questions.
- Section 2 covers the general awareness section and all the divisions like TGT (Arts), TGT (NM) and TGT (Medical) will need to answer 30 questions.
- Section 3 consists of English language and grammar for TGT (Arts) and need to answer 30 questions. For TGT (NM) – Mathematics will need to answer 30 questions. For TGT (Medical)- botany and zoology the candidates need to answer 60 questions in this section.
- Section 3 consists of social studies for TGT (Arts) and need to answer 60 questions. For TGT (NM) – physics and chemistry will need to answer 60 questions. For TGT (Medical) – chemistry the candidates need to answer 30 questions in this section.
HP TET Exam Syllabus
- Section I of HP TET exam syllabus consists of Child Development & Pedagogy, Teaching-learning processes with 30 questions.
- Section II consists of English Literature and grammar with 30 questions.
- Section III consists of Hindi Literature and grammar with 30 questions.
- Section IV consists of Mathematics for 30 question
- Section V consists of Social Science, Environmental Studies and general awareness for 30 questions.
About the Exam
- It is the offline paper pen-based exam that consists of objects type questions completely
- The exam paper will have 150 questions and 120 minutes will be given to answer the answer them
- When speaking about the marks allotments in the exam, etch right answers will have a +1 mark. However, no marks will be deducted for the wrong answers
- If the candidates score 60% and above the candidate is considered to be qualified in the HPTET exam.
Tips to Score High in the HPTET
By the time most of you might have been preparing hard for the HPTET exam since the tet exam date is fast approaching. You can clear score the qualifying marks if you are following the appropriate strategies and guidelines for the exam. Here are some most important tips that help you to be successful in the exam.
- Be aware of the detailed syllabus: Make sure you have a piece of complete knowledge on the syllabus and have a hard copy of it. Look for the weight-age for each topic and make sure you spend time and prepare for all the topics.
- Collect materials: Only if you have some appropriate materials you can prepare the concepts completely. Collect relevant books, sample papers and previous years question papers. Work with them to score more.
- Make notes: When you are studying do not forget to make notes. It is one great habit that all successful people have. They just make a short note on the topics that they learn. This helps in registering those important well in mind and also it helps highly during the time of revision.
- Revision: It is important to have a proper revision on the topics given to you. Even when you are too strong in a concept and do not practice them regularly there are lots of chances to forget them. So at least once in a week spend time for revising what you have learned already.
- Have a clear time table: If you do not have an idea on what to study, it is not possible to study all the topics clearly. The time tale that you make such be clear and sufficient time should be allocated for each concept within the possible time for the exam.
More than everything it is important to be smart enough in the preparation. You also need to scarify certain things that divert you from the preparation. Learn to say no for all the things that divert your concentration. It may be a party or a film time or a tour, just have the HPTET in your mind and avoid them to have successful tet results. TET is one of the exams that is hard t clear but not impossible. It is all up to you and the way you prepare for the exam. Make sure you take the right measures and prepare for the exam to shine in it. All the best!
We are sure this article from CareerJobs360 will help you to understand about Tip to have victory in the HP TET Exam.