The present generation is highly interested in government exams. There are also a number of governments conducted every year. In the list, Staff selection Commission is one of the recruitment where a vast number of people are recruited for different job roles. Here is all about one of the divisions in the SSC called SSC CPO (Central Police Organization).
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Exam?
- Education qualification: The candidates holding graduation under any degree from the recognized or equivalent can apply for the exam. Also, the candidates in the final year of their education are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Age limit: The aspirants should be in the age limit of 20 to 25 years 0f age for applying the CPO exam. For further age relaxation based on the category, you can look for the government rules.
- Nationality: Only Indians are allowed to appear for the exam.
Physical Standards Requirements
- The male aspirants of the general category should be in the height of 170 cm. Under normal it is expected to be 80 cm and expanded 85 cm.
- For the aspirants belonging to the hill areas of Garhwal, Himachal Pradesh, Kumaon, Dogars, Kashmir Valley, Marathas, Leh and Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, North-Eastern States and Sikkim the height is expected to be 165 and chest normal 80 cm whereas expanded 85 cm.
- For candidates belongs to the SC/ ST category are expected to have a height of 162.5 cm and chest 77 cm normal whereas expanded 85 cm.
For female candidates
- The female aspirants of the general category should be in the height of 1570 cm.
- For the aspirants belonging to the hill areas of Garhwal, Himachal Pradesh, Kumaon, Dogars, Kashmir Valley, Marathas, Leh and Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, North-Eastern States and Sikkim the height is expected to be 155.
- For candidates belongs to the SC/ ST category are expected to have a height of 154 cm
SSC CPO Exam pattern
To clear the SSC CPO the candidates have to go through three stages
- Paper I
- Physical Standard Test and the Physical Endurance Test
- Paper II
- Detailed Medical Examination
- In the Paper I will be based on the multiple type objective type questions consisting of 4 sections. The candidates need to answer 200 questions (50 in each section) the marks allotted also will be 200. The aspirants need to answer these questions in the 2 hours of time duration.
- The topic covered are general intelligence and reasoning, general knowledge and general awareness, English comprehension, quantitative aptitude. For every wrong answer, there are negative marks of 0.25 marks taken from your right answers.
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on the cut off mentioned for different categories. Those shortlisted candidates will be sent to the next level of the selection process.
Physical Standard Test and the Physical Endurance Test
The next stage of the CPO exam is the Physical Standard Test (PST) and the Physical Endurance Test (PET). To clear this part of the selection it is important to be physically and mentally fit. You need to fulfill the norms in the height, chest (both normal and expandable).
Further, you will also need to involve in some athlete like race, high jump, long jump, shot put. All these vary based on gender.
Paper II will be online based exam that consists of 200 marks and the candidates needs to answer them in the time duration of 2 hours. 200 questions will be asked for 200 marks in the topic of English language and comprehension.
If the candidates should perform well and satisfy the required in paper 1 and 2 then they are sent to the medical examination. If you are successful in the medical test you will call to appear for the document verification.
Subjects Wise Tips for the SSC CPO Exam
The foremost thing that you need to concentrate on is the SSC CPO syllabus when you are preparing for the exam. Here are the topics that you need to concentrate based on particular subjects.
General intelligence and reasoning
- This section is to test your logical thinking ability. To prepare for this section you need to concentrate on topics like Number series, Arrangement, direction test, classification test, coding-decoding, nonverbal, mathematical operations, statement conclusion, syllogism, cubes, and cubical dice test.
- Try to solve a number of questions in a short time of period and also increase your accuracy.
- Even you are clear in the concepts everything lies in the place of working and practicing them.
- This is the area that you can fetch more marks and also it is the most important and dynamic section. Also, the topics cannot be predicted and you will not be able to limit some topics and prepare only them.
- You need to read the new paper regularly and concentrate on static GK and general science as well.
- Give more preference to science and static GK and then to the current affairs in the preparation of the exam. You can further divide them into two histories and geography with economics.
- In history, make sure you are focusing less on world history. It is important to concentrate more on topics like ancient, medieval and modern history. Learn the books of the class 7th to 10th standard.
- When it comes to geography and economics, focus more on Indian Geography and avoid world geography. The questions that are asked on the topics of economics too less.
- You can expect around 35 to 40% of the questions from this topic. Look for the previous year question paper and master all the concepts in them.
- It is more advisable to learn from the book of the classes 7th to 10th and some other book that helps you to prepare for the CPO exam.
- It is the other dynamic topic that you need to prepare. Reading the newspaper carefully on a daily basis will be the best way to fetch more marks in the section.
- When you are reading the newspaper make sure you are concentrating more on the places, various awards.
- This section is an area that needs to have more problem-solving skills. You can get stronger in the area only if you are practicing well on the various topics.
- You need to memorize certain things like a table will 20×20, cube, cube roots, square, square roots, etc.
- Concentrate on the application problems like average, number theory, allegations, algebra, percentage, geometry.
- Also make sure you are strong in some concepts like trigonometry, algebra, percentage, geometry as most of the questions can be expected in those areas.
For any government exams, it is not an easier task to clear them in the first attempt. There is a huge competition and also the exam level is getting tougher every year. Even when the toughness is high it is not an impossible task to clear the exam. When you prepare well and make appropriate research to prepare for the exam it is possible to clear them. Be smart and work hard till the SSC CPO exam date to be successful in the exam!
We are sure this article from CareerJobs360 will help you to understand about Tips to have victory in the SSC CPO