Do you think you have the ability to pull of life-saving stunts with the risk of your own life involved? Will you go to any extend to save your motherland? Then NDA is the place where you might want to find yourself.
NDA Exam Dates 2019 have been announced for those candidates who wish to participate for NDA exams 2019. NDA & NA Exam (I) 2019 is reserved to be held on 21st April 2019 (Sunday) and the final date for applying for NDA Examination (I) is 04th February 2019. The NDA exam will be conducted for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force Wings of NDA for 143rd Course and for the 105th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) beginning from July 2019.
|Name of event||Dates|
|Notification of exam||9th January, 2019|
|Opening of registration||9th January, 2019|
|Last date of application||4th February, 2019|
|NDA exam date||21st April, 2019|
|Admit card for NDA 2019||3-4 weeks before exams|
|SC/ST/Female (reserved candidates)||Rs. 0/- (exempted from fees)|
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria as recorded by UPSC to be eligible to apply for NDA 2019. Given below are the details about NDA 2019 Eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should be a native (origin) of India.
- A candidate from Bhutan, Nepal or Tibet refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the purpose of settling in India permanently is eligible for NDA 2019 exam.
- A person of Indian native who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the purpose of permanently settling in India can also apply.
- Other than for Indian Nationals, the candidates must hold a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India. For Gorkha subjects of Nepal, the certificate of eligibility is not compulsory.
Age Restriction and Marital Status
- For NDA-I, candidate’s date of birth should come in between 2nd July 2000 to 1st July 2003.
- Date of birth given in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or equivalent certificate shall be taken into consideration for their age proof.
- Only unmarried male candidates can apply.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must have finished their higher secondary education (12th) with Physics, and Mathematics.
- For Army wing: Applicants should have cleared the class 10+2 or its equivalent examination conducted by State Education Board/University.
- Applicants appearing in the qualifying examination are also allowed to apply.
Physical Standard Requirement
- Candidates must be physically and medically fit as per the physical standard set by the National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2019.
Height/Weight Criteria for Indian Army/Air Force
- The least acceptable height is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force). For Gorkhas and individuals coming from hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the least acceptable heights will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the least acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
These details have not been revealed yet.
The exam shall be conducted offline, i.e. pen and paper-based exam. Objective-type questions will be inquired in the exam from the subjects of Mathematics and General Ability. The questions will be in two parts: part A of Mathematics and Part B of General Ability and the questions will be in Hindi and English. For each incorrect answer one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Time duration|
|Mathematics||300||2 ½ hrs.|
|General ability test||600||2 ½ hrs.|
|SSB Test/ Interview||900||—–|
The syllabus for NDA 2019 written test will contain two sections i.e. Mathematical Ability and General Ability. The exam syllabus will be grounded on the topics and concepts studied at 10+2 level. Some of the important topics covered in NDA 2019 Syllabus for both Mathematical Ability and General Ability sections are given below:
Syllabus for Mathematical Ability
This session will include the topics like Trigonometry, Matrices & Determinants, Algebra, Analytical Geometry, Vector Algebra, Integral and Differential Calculus, Statics and Probability etc.
Syllabus for General Ability
Part ‘A’– English: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion to test the skill of candidate in English.
Part ‘B’– General Knowledge: The question paper on General Knowledge will generally cover the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
Amount varies yearly. These records are not revealed for the session yet.
The collection of candidates will be based on written exam, SSB Interview, Medical Examination and document verification. A merit list will be equipped by the officials on the basis of marks recorded in the NDA 2019 exam. The ultimate allocation/ selection for admission to the Army, Navy, Air Force of the National Defense Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be made up to the number of jobs available, preferred of the choice made, eligibility situations and certain other criteria.
How to Apply
All aspirant shall have to follow a due process to apply for the same. Given below are some of the steps that a candidate is asked to follow:
- Visit the official Website of the NDA.
- Click on the link that states Application Form for NDA 2019.
- The form can be filled only online.
- It also requires the submission of a recently clicked photo of the candidate.
- All Online candidates will be required to fill the form and the fee is to be paid using e-payment modes only.
- It doesn’t require to be sent through post.
- Candidates will have to provide their respective email id and contact number that is in use currently.
- Once the candidate can fill the form and pay the fees, their login credentials shall be sent to them through their email.
- The receiving of email will confirm that the form has been accepted.