Recently the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited application of the UPSC recruitment 2019 for the various civil service (IAS) posts mentioned below. As per the UPSC notification, any Indian candidate, whose age is between 21 and 32 & do complete the required educational qualification of the graduation and post-graduation, can apply for the recruitment exam. For group A & B posts, candidates will be selected on the basis of the Prelims, Mains & Personality Test (Interview).
Detail Overview of the UPSC IAS/ Civil Services 2019:
Conducting Institution: UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
Exam Name: Indian Administrative Service (IAS) / Civil Services (CS).
Total Posts: 896.
Mode of Selection: Is based on Prelim, Mains & Personality Test (Interview).
Level of Examination: National Level.
Main Exam Mode: Offline via Pen/Paper.
Address of Official Website: upsc.gov.in.
Important Events of the UPSC Civil Services 2019:
|UPSC Recruitment 2019|
|Issuing date of official notification||19thFeb 2019|
|Beginning date of the application||19th Feb 2019|
|Closing date of the application||18th Mar 2019 till 06 pm|
|The date for downloading prelims admit card||2nd week of the May 2019|
|The date for downloading mains admit card||On Sep 2019|
|The last date for printing system generated pay slip of the online payment.||17th Mar 2019 till 11:59 pm|
|Exam of UPSC Prelims (Preliminary)||2nd June 2019|
|Exam of UPSC Mains||1st week of the Oct 2019|
|Declaration of result for UPSC Prelims (Preliminary)||On Aug 2019|
|Declaration of result for UPSC Mains||On Jan 2020|
Compulsory Eligibility & Qualifications Criteria-UPSC IAS/ Civil Services 2019:
- The nationality of the candidates in prime should be of Indian, and besides Indian, any candidate belonging to Nepal, Bhutan, and the refugee of the Tibet can also apply.
- Candidates are of the Indian origin but have migrated from nearby Burma, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka and in East African countries:- from the United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zaire etc. has a proof of the permanent settlement in India can apply for the recent posts mentioned in the notification.
- Candidates are required to be a graduate or Postgraduate from any stream or from any recognized Indian University/Institute.
- Candidates who have currently appeared in the final year’ degree exam can also apply for the UPSC but they have to show its proof along with passing degree at the time of the UPSC Mains exam 2019.
- The candidates who are applying for the IAS can take the limited number of applications in the UPSC exam as per the examination norms of the UPSC for service:
|Cast Categories||Times Of Attempting|
|For General Category (GC) or unreserved||06 times|
|For OBC||09 times|
|For PWD General Category candidates||09 times|
|For SC/ST||No Restriction|
UPSC Civil Services 2019-Application/Examination fee payment:
|For General or OBC||Rs.100/-|
|For SC / ST / Female candidates and persons with benchmark disabilities.||NIL|
Mode of fee payment:
- Examination fee payment can be made via RuPay Credit/Master/Debit card/Visa.
- And the application fee payment can be via the State bank of India’s online fee payment facility.
Details of Total Vacancies to be filled in UPSC Recruitment 2019:
The vacancies for the PWBD candidates are:
- For blinds and of low vision- total 8.
- For Locomotors disability-total 5.
- For Deaf/Hard of Hearing-total 11
|Post Code||Posts of Civil service (IAS)||Grade of Groups|
|1||Indian Audit and Accounts Service||A|
|2||Indian Ordnance Factories Service||A|
|3||Indian Railway Traffic Service||A|
|4||Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise)||A|
|5||Indian Civil Accounts Service||A|
|6||Indian Foreign Service||—|
|7||Indian Defense Estates Service||A|
|8||Indian Trade Service||A|
|9||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service||B|
|10||Assistant Security Commissioner in RFP||A|
|11||Pondicherry Civil Service||B|
|12||Indian Administrative Service||—|
|13||Indian Railway Accounts Service||A|
|14||Indian Corporate Law Service||A|
|15||Pondicherry Police Service||B|
|16||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.),||A|
|17||Indian Police Service||—|
|18||Indian Defense Accounts Service||A|
|19||Indian Railway Personnel Service||A|
|20||Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)||A|
|21||Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service||A|
|22||Delhi,Lakshadweep,Andaman & Nicobar Islands,Nagar Haveli, &Daman & Diu and DadraCivil Service||B|
|23||Delhi,Lakshadweep,Andaman & Nicobar Islands,Nagar Haveli &Daman & Diu and DadraPolice Service||B|
|24||Indian Postal Service||A|
- Candidate should be from 21 years to 32 years.
- In terms of upper age relaxation:
- For General or Unreserved category –no relaxation.
- For OBC (Other Backward Cast)-03 years.
- For SC/ST-05 years.
- For Ex-Servicemen-05 years.
- For Defense Service personnel-03 years.
- For candidates with low vision/blindness, deaf/hard of hearing, & the ex-servicemen with muscle’s deformity-10 years.
UPSC IAS/ Civil Services 2019-Exam Pattern:
The exam of the UPSC IAS/ Civil Services are conducted every year in three following stages:
- Preliminary Exam.
- Mains Exam.
- Personality Test.
UPSC IAS/ Civil Services 2019 Preliminary Exam
It’s the first entry-level exam which is highly required to qualify to appear on the next Mains exam. Through this exam, suitable candidates are chosen for the UPSC job.
The Detail of the Prelims (Preliminary) Exam:
- Mode of this examination will mainly be offline.
- It will be an objective type based.
- The papers will be 2.
- The medium of language will be Hindi & English.
- 33% will be the minimum obtaining marks of the candidate.
- The disable candidates will get 12 minutes extra time in each exam.
|Subject Of The Tests||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I General Ability||200||02 hrs.|
|Paper-II General Studies||200||02 hrs.|
UPSC IAS/ Civil Services 2019 Mains Exam
The Mains exam is the next level’s exam after prelims, to pass this exam is need to get select for the final personality test or interview.
The Details of the Mains Exam:
- Mode of the examination will be Written (Descriptive Type) test based.
- The availability of the paper will in Hindi & English medium.
- The total marks will be of minimum 2025 marks.
|Subject Of The Tests||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I Essay||250||03 hrs.|
|Paper A -Any selected Indian languages as in schedule 8th of Constitution – Qualifying in nature||300||03 hrs.|
|Paper II-General Studies I||250||03 hrs.|
|Paper B-English – Qualifying in nature||300||03 hrs.|
|Paper III-General Studies II||250||03 hrs.|
|Paper V-General Studies IV||250||03 hrs.|
|Paper IV-General Studies III||250||03 hrs.|
|Paper VI-Optional Subject||250||03 hrs.|
|Paper VII-Optional Subject||250||03 hrs.|
UPSC IAS/ Civil Services 2019 Personality Test/Interview
Candidates who are the qualifier of the Prelims and the Mains will be able to appear for the personality test abbreviated as an interview. The interview will be a total of 275 marks. The main purpose behind conducting the interview is to judge the judge the efficiency, eligibility & personality of the candidates during the Supreme service of the UPSC in the country.